Thursday, April 22, 2010

A small step for me, a GIANT step for my dragons...

Today was a good day--a very good day indeed. The muses were on my side, my dragons decided to cooperate with my efforts, and I finally finished to merge the new beginning with the old stoyline of my novel... What's even better, is that I actually think it's good! Of course, it's only the first 50 pages, but they are truly crucial to the rest of the story. I am so relieved to be over that particular hurdle, I could dance alone in my apartment like a 10 year old. Many rewrites will come on those pages, but I truly believe I finally nailed it.

Now I need a drink, a sandwich, and a break! I've been glued to my screen for the past 5 hours and my eyes are starting to cross, LOL!

I also need to start to think about dinner, I have veal that I need to use today. I think I'm going to make scalopini alla milanese, flatened and breaded veal scallops, fried in butter and olive oil. I put a third of parmesan in the breading and use panko breadcrumbs for extra crispiness. They are usually served with safran risotto (the milanese part), but I don't have arborio rice left for the risotto, so I think I'll make a salsa of diced roma tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt pepper and fresh basil, and maybe a few sauteed potatoes on the side.

Either way, it's going to be good. Tonight, we are celebrating the official rebirth of my novel! Bring on the Chianti!

No comments:

Post a Comment