Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby steps in the right direction

I finally managed to get back on track today, and if I'm not running as fast as I was before my Euro-trip, at least I'm back on the path. I think I finally found a way to link the new beginning with the former story, which was the hardest part. Wrote and rewrote a bunch of versions today, and I can feel I'm getting there. It needs work, of course, and it's frustrating not to be at the same writing level as I was 5 months ago, but I'm hoping that daily work will bring the cruise speed back--and the substance is there even if it needs polishing.

No other groundbreaking news for today. I'm now off to cooking dinner. Tonight: Cajun shrimp and pasta--my interpretation at least. A spicy cream sauce with plenty of good stuff like sauteed diced onions and pressed garlic, chopped pancetta and heavy cream, tossed with fresh angel hair pasta, and finished (in the pan) with shrimp that I sauteed aside with cajun spices and reserved for the final pan toss, and a handful of chopped scallions. Yum. Writing it made me crave it even more... off to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment