Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Dragons are taking a day off...

That's right, I didn't write a single word today. What's even worse, I don't even feel bad about it. Had a lovely afternoon with Dave. We first drove to Sonic and got ourselves 2 huge slushes, then proceeded to take the scenic route to Delicious Orchards, one of my favorite shopping places. The fruits and vegetables there are literally harvested every day, and the quality is truly superior. Nothing in common with those waxed tasteless goods you find at your local supermarket.

Sadly it's really expensive, and we're kind of broke, so we can't go there very often. I bought some fresh fava beans that you can only get for about a month every year, and some beautifully fragrant heirloom tomatoes. Then we sat outside of the Orchards (they have nice tables there with parasols and a few really good food stands). We shared a chili dog and some fresh apple dumplings covered with powder sugar.

We then drove to town, for I had to check Bestbuy for a few things; the weather was so beautiful that we decided to take the scenic route home around 5pm and Dave surprised me by taking me to PFChangs for dinner. Amazingly, despite the chili dog and the dumplings, we were starving!

Definitely a great day in my book! Nothing else than good food, great wheather, and my man's company. Sorry, my dragons, but you'll have to wait till Monday to get pampered again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment